This is my all-time favorite Trim Healthy Mama compliant protein shake. This is a super creamy low carb shake recipe. I originally found a similar version on the “Raising Godly Daughters” blog, which seems to be on hiatus. For now, this is my adapted version. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop unsweetened vanilla protein powder (I use Trim Healthy Mama’s plain protein powder, and add a dash of vanilla extract. OR Jay Robb chocolate protein powder– SO DELICIOUS!!!! It makes it extra creamy and chocolatey)
- 4 teaspoons Truvia OR 2 1/2 teaspoons of THM Sweet Blend (I start with 2 teaspoons and adjust to taste)
- 3 shakes of pure white stevia or Trader Joe’s Stevia (omit if you used Sweet Blend in the step above)
- 1 Tablespoon MCT oil (I usually make a separate version with regular coconut oil for the kids)
- dash of good sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (Adam’s is my favorite)
- 1-2 Cups of ice, depending on desired thickness
Combine all ingredients (except for ice) and blend. Add ice til you reach desired consistency. If you use coconut oil instead of MCT oil, add 1/4 cup hot water to shake to melt the coconut oil (this idea is explained in the Trim Healthy Mama book) before adding the ice.
Update: The lady who came up with the original version of this recipe (which I had found at Raising Godly Daughters but tweaked a bit) is here at KristyQuinn.com if you want to check her out!
Linked up at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday